Bob has worked in the financial services industries for more than 20 years and joined Commonwealth Financial Network® as an independent financial advisor in 2004. Prior to his move to Wilmington, Bob worked for RJR Nabisco, Heinz, and Grey Advertising.
Bob works primarily with small business owners and retirees to:
- Understand their specific financial situation based on their unique core values and goals
- Develop a plan that is comprehensive and individually tailored, ensuring that it is suitable for what they trying to achieve
- Implement and monitor their financial plan while staying abreast of industry changes in order to provide timely value
It is important to note that Bob is an independent financial advisor, which means his approach is that of "open product architecture," providing open access to the breadth of financial products without the biases and restrictions that may exist in other firms. “It's all about what the client wants to accomplish and helping them to get there.”
His education and licenses include:
- CERTIFIED FINANCIAL PLANNER™ professional
- Accredited Investment Fiduciary® (AIF®)
- Chartered Financial Consultant® (ChFC®)
- Certified Life Underwriter® (CLU®)
- MBA from the Columbia University Graduate School of Business in New York
- BA from Haverford College
Bob and his wife, Harriett, have been married since 1989 and have two children, one in high school and the other in college. In addition to fishing, golf, and traveling with his family, Bob loves classical music. He is currently on the board of WHQR, the local public radio station, and has been a sponsor of “All Things Considered” on WHQR since 1991. He is past president of the Cape Fear Chapter of the North Carolina Symphony Board and the Wilmington Kiwanis Club.